Re: state-of-the-art for algorithmic hooks and Lilypond+(La)TeX

From: David Bellows
Subject: Re: state-of-the-art for algorithmic hooks and Lilypond+(La)TeX
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 16:03:14 -0700

I guess should throw my own modest contribution into the hat. My
Platonic music engine (http://www.platonicmusicengine.com) is
algorithmically generated music created to simulate any musical idea.
It generates traditional scores using Lilypond and graphical scores
using pdfLaTeX. It is written entirely in Lua. You can read a good
summary at lilyblog:
http://lilypondblog.org/2015/04/using-lilypond-in-the-platonic-music-engine/

It's still very much in alpha but it shows some of the possibilities.
One big idea is that the scores cannot be tweaked at all so Lilypond
has to get it right the first time.