Re: Long Compile time with version 2.19.44

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Long Compile time with version 2.19.44
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 23:17:26 -0700

Hi David,

A long time UNIX user myself (pre 1970ā€™sā€¦), I follow what you are saying, but you may want to explain to ordinary folks what clearing the caches does and the command 'echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches ā€˜, especially since the OP is on Windows and does not have such nice things available.

OP - on the matter of downgrading, in my personal experience I have seen no speed difference between the versions you mention.

Andrew