Re: Staff \denies

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Staff \denies
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 23:50:59 +0200

Kyle Shaw <address@hidden> writes:

> ​Boy, this is not my day. Here is updated code:

[...]

> It'd be great to find a way to get Lilypond to disregard CueVoices
> altogether -- rather than searching for a context which accepts CueVoices
> given that Staff denies it. That way, the full orchestral score for the
> conductor will not have cues printed in it, but the part scores for
> individual players ​will have cues.

Not bothering to clean up your formatting, but here is one approach:

\version "2.19.42"

cue = \relative c' { s1 g'4 a b d }

\addQuote "cue" {\cue}

\score{

\new Staff \relative c' { c4 d e f \new CueVoice {\set instrumentCueName =
"Cue"}

\cueDuring "cue" #UP {g1}

}

\layout {

\context { \NullVoice \name "CueVoice" }

But it might be less work for LilyPond if you check out the notation
manual about usage of \tag .

--
David Kastrup