Off-topic : fiddle tunes for viola

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Off-topic : fiddle tunes for viola
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 15:14:19 -0400

Greetings -

This is an appeal for information. Please respond off-list.

I have about 500 fiddle tunes, mostly New England, which I have transcribed/transposed into alto clef, using LilyPond. I would like to share them, beginning with the ones in the public domain. I'd also like to share any under copyright for which I can secure permission. I'm not charging for the tunes.

I cannot think of a good, well known, public website where I could share the tunes. There is Mutopia, but that seems to have had major problems, and I'm not sure it's well known. Also, if I share the whole collection, would that be a bit large for a single file?

If you are either interested in the collection or have a suggestion about how I can share it, please respond off-list.

I appreciate your time and attention,

Ralph

--
Ralph Palmer