Re: note names as solmisation printed as markup automagically?

From: J Martin Rushton
Subject: Re: note names as solmisation printed as markup automagically?
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 19:31:55 +0100

Bart,

If you are wanting to publish your music to a wider audience I would
be very careful about the moveable/fixed do issue.  Some time ago I
was translating an article from Italian (fixed) to English (generally
moveable) with confusing consequences.  As far as I am aware moveable
do is the norm in Germany, the UK, the Commonwealth and the USA.
Moveable is used in Romance and Slavic speaking areas including South
America and French speaking Canada.  There is also some confusion over
the leading note/B: in English is is commonly "ti", non-Anglophones
use "si".

There are a number of articles on differenct aspects of the topic in
Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solf%C3%A8ge
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonic_sol-fa
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solmization