Re: high-precision tuner app

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: high-precision tuner app
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 14:33:26 +0200

> On 23 May 2016, at 21:09, N. Andrew Walsh <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm using a system of scales with over 180 distinct pitches (and which is
> theoretically unlimited; I just chose to stop there).

If it is enough to play the pitches and tune by ear, I have written two
programs [1] for ChucK [2], that also runs on GNUX. One is for regular tunings
in 2D keyboard layout, mostly two generators, but one can have more, as in Just
intonation. The other is for irregular tunings, and one can have several
hundreds in a single file, currently a couple of tens of gamelan tunings. ChucK
can do spectral analysis, but I do not know if somebody has implemented that in
the form of a tuner that analyzes pitches.

1.
https://secure2.storegate.com/Shares/Home.aspx?ShareID=f2f70b60-a7f7-4d15-9c36-6763de133c62
2. http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/release/