Re: Guitar harmonics indicators

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Guitar harmonics indicators
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 08:44:52 -0500

Bear in mind, though, that fairly few guitarists are used to seeing guitar
written as if for piano.  Johnny Smith advocated that, because it allows the
guitar to be written as it sounds, but he was almost unique.  99% of the
relatively few guitarists who can sight read expect to see treble clef,
transposed up an octave.  Few could play the example given.

One fairly common standard is using an open diamond head to indicate the
harmonic, but that is really only useful for octave harmonics.