Re: Whitespace in LilyPond source files

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Whitespace in LilyPond source files
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 12:04:26 +1000

Hi David,

On 18/05/2016, 9:42 AM, "lilypond-user on behalf of David Wright" wrote:

>Then the thought occurred to me, why? LP is not like python: it might
>be whitespace-separated, but any indentation is semantically
>meaningless. It's happy to take TABs as well as SPACEs, and even
>end-of-lines, so why not other varieties of whitespace?

I should check but I don’t think python accepts that type of space. If you want
this then you have to include at least these other Unicode spaces:

figure space U+2007
narrow no-break space U+202F
word joiner U+2060
zero width no-break space U+FEFF

Surely this would just complicate the lexer/parser for an uncommon corner case?

People may post in HTML – like it or not - but I don’t think are are entering
lilypond in HTML with   and so on.

Andrew