Re: Why are my full-measure rests engraved as two rests?

From: Henry Law
Subject: Re: Why are my full-measure rests engraved as two rests?
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 13:56:33 +0100

On 03/05/16 13:02, tisimst wrote:
Well, it is you and it isn't. What you are seeing is a classical
representation of rests greater than one bar. By default, LilyPond will
do this kind of thing up to 10 bars (I think).

Bah; I didn't read far enough. OK, mea culpa! And thank you for the prompt response.

It's a little obscure; as it's written the manual says one thing without reservation and then partially contradicts itself further down.

--

Henry Law            Manchester, England