Re: Scoring song with multiple sections

From: Henry Law
Subject: Re: Scoring song with multiple sections
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 18:23:45 +0100

On 01/05/16 17:32, Malte Meyn wrote:
\score {
   {
     <<
       \new Staff = "first" a
       \new Staff = "second" b

     <<
       \context Staff = "first" f
       \context Staff = "second" g

Thank you; that's got me slightly further forward, although your example has two staves and I need only one. Strange things are now happening which weren't before. If I code

\score {
  {
    <<
      \new ChordNames \chordsVerseOneTwo
      \new Staff = "melodyStaff" {
        \new Voice = "voiceOneTwo" {
          \melodyVerseOneTwo
      %\new Lyrics \lyricsto "voiceOneTwo"{ \verseOne }
      %\new Lyrics \lyricsto "voiceOneTwo"{ \verseTwo }

    <<
      \context Staff = "melodyStaff" {
        \new Voice = "bridgeVoice" {
          \relative c'' { a4 b c d }

  \layout { ...etc

I get the general layout that I need, which is that there is /one/ staff which displays the music \melodyVerseOneTwo, followed immediately by the music { a4 b c d }. But if I uncomment either of those \lyricsto statements then everything collapses in a heap. The error message is "programming error: Moment is not increasing. Aborting interpretation." and the resulting output has a treble clef out in space below the existing staff and no notes ABCD. I've researched the error message as best I can and can't make it make sense in this context.

Am I moving in the right direction or is this a dead end of confusion?
--

Henry Law            Manchester, England