Re: Tied note with accidental over bar line adds unwanted space

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Tied note with accidental over bar line adds unwanted space
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 18:41:25 +0200

> Hi Dan,
>
> \version "2.19.39"
>
> \score {
>   \new Staff \relative c' {
>   \key ees \major
>   \time 2/4 \clef treble
>   <c ees>4 <ces ees ges~>
>   <bes des \tweak Accidental.stencil ##f ges>4 <ges' ces~>
>   <fes \tweak Accidental.stencil ##f ces'>4 <aeses~ ces>
>   <\tweak Accidental.stencil ##f aeses des>4 <des, ges~>
>   <ees ges>4 a~
>   <b, \tweak Accidental.stencil ##f a'>2
>    }
> }

\tweak Accidental.stencil ##f

    may be written a bit more high-level as

\single \omit Accidental

> It does look like a bug, though.

Yes, but I think we have an issue number for it already.  It's an effect
of ties-over-linebreaks (and their effect on accidentals) being known at
a point of time where the spacing is already rather fixed.

Another effect of the accidental being removed rather late in the game
is that _if_ there is a line break (and the accidental is consequently
left printed), another accidental _following_ right behind is left in
place when it should be elided.  Better than removing it when it would
be necessary, but still a nuisance.

--
David Kastrup