Re: Tuplet number direction

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Tuplet number direction
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 08:48:50 +0100

On Wed, 2016-04-13 at 23:28 +0200, Thomas Morley wrote:
> > Thanks Abraham, that's most informative.
> > Thinking about it, I wonder if I've missed something: is there a way to
> > say typeset the tuplet bracket like a slur, with the tuplet number
> > inside?
>
> I once made the attached code.
> Maybe you can adapt it to fit your needs.

Hmm, quite a battle to get that I see! In fact your code does something
extra-fancy compared with the commonplace examples I see in old prints,
namely the tuplet number cuts into the slur. Typically the tuplet number
is inside the slur, which happened by default in LilyPond once I set the
direction. I was hoping it might be possible just to set the tuplet
number direction to be the same as a slur would be - I don't mind adding
the slur manually.

Richard