Re: Technical question

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Technical question
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2016 09:25:17 +0100

On Thu, 2016-04-07 at 12:51 -0700, Philip Bergwerf wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> in the past i have woked with blender which is a 3d open source modelling,
> animation program. And i noticed that when you have a fast video card, the
> pogram works much faster. How about lilypond? lilypond works very slow in
> grapic way. When my score becomes bigger i have to wait long to see my
> result and this slows me down in my working proces.
>
> So i was wondering if lilypond could work faster if the calculations are
> calculated by the gpu in stead if the cpu? Because that is another sort of
> processor?

As others have said, the answer is no, however you can arrange to
typeset only the immediate context in which you are working.
Denemo lets you typeset a range of staffs and measures centered on the
cursor position while you edit. This generally succeeds because each
keystroke enters a complete bit of LilyPond syntax, it might be a
trickier strategy to implement with a text editor.

Richard