Re: Lilypond structure / implicit - explicit / with statement

From: Bernard
Subject: Re: Lilypond structure / implicit - explicit / with statement
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2016 20:55:43 +0200

On 03-04-16 17:57, Paul Morris wrote:
On Apr 3, 2016, at 11:53 AM, Paul Morris <address@hidden> wrote:

This should help:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/changing-context-default-settings#index-_005cwith-3
See also:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/modifying-context-plug_002dins#index-_005cwith

-Paul
Hi Paul,

That does help. I found out \with is a very special statement.

It influence what happens before the statement, it must be executed just after \new . That is the reason why my examples 4 and 5 did not work. And it influence what happens after the statement. If within the Staff not a additional Staff property can be set.

No wonder it confuses me.

Thanks for your help.

Bernard