Re: Horizontal \sustainOn alignment

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: Re: Horizontal \sustainOn alignment
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 13:47:17 +0100

Hi Andrew,

thank you for your kind offer. To be honest, I tend to agree with you: as ugly as the Fraktur glyph is, it's immediately recognizable (Gould even argues against using a Roman typeface, to avoid confusion with the sostenuto pedal). TBH, I think it was aligned like this in my working copy because the client had his son do it in Finale, and the son didn't know how to do it so just placed a text block into the score.

In that case, I'll let the client know that standard praxis places the glyph as it is, and ask him how serious he is about wanting it moved.