Re: Where is the latest articulate.ly?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Where is the latest articulate.ly?
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 00:58:20 +0100

> I continue to get very odd results with articulate.ly.

Please study the relevant section in NR
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/the-articulate-script
There you can read
"After altering your input file this way, the visual output is heavily
altered, but the standard \midi block will produce a better MIDI file.
"
Thus it's good practise to use two scores, one with \layout only
another with \midi only

> Here’s a zip file
> with the problem.

It's quite tedious to have a zip file, better attach the code in one file.

> Please do ‘lilypond test.ly’ with articulate.ly available
> to be included.
>
> The problem looks like it’s generating 2 voices instead of one. One voice is
> all rests. It’s not due to the ‘global’ voice I have, because I removed that
> and the problem remains.
>
> 1) The notes and rests are much more than should fit in the bar, and
> 2) they don’t make any sense to read, and

see above

> 3) The midi sounds just like it did before articulate.ly

try:

\include "articulate.ly"

#(define ac:normalFactor '(1 . 2))
%% ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

\score {
  %\unfoldRepeats %needed if showLastLength
  \unfoldRepeats \articulate
  <<
    \new Staff \with {
      instrumentName = #"Guitar 1 "
      shortInstrumentName = #""
    }
    <<\global \guitarOne>>

  \midi {}
}

Though there aren't that much articulations in your code ...

> -d
>> On Mar 23, 2016, at 3:23 PM, Malte Meyn <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>> Am 23.03.2016 um 18:13 schrieb Daniel Birns:
>>> The one I found on a mailing list from 2011 doesn’t seem to handle even
>>> slurs or staccato.
>>
>> It’s part of vanilla LilyPond since version 2.14 (see
>> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/changes/) and has been improved
>> several times since then. And version 2.19 supports some articulations even
>> without including articulate.ly (see
>> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/changes/).

Most recent articulate.ly:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lilypond.git/tree/ly/articulate.ly