Re: HELP: Trill line without 'tr' written before it

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: HELP: Trill line without 'tr' written before it
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 09:34:35 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 10:11 AM, Kieren MacMillan [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi David,

> violin.2 = { c d }
> will work, as will \violin.2 (as of issue 4797) or \violin.#(+ 1 1)

Wow! That’s wonderful news.
Thanks, as always, for your excellent work on improving Lilypond.

+1 (x10)!

I don't think I'll ever use the #(+ 1 1) form to auto-generate part variables, but that's cool, nonetheless. Absolutely fantastic, David! Does this work too (just trying to understand the limitations of this syntax):

violin.#(+ 1 1) = { c d }

or just when the variable is called, like you mentioned?

- Abraham