Bar Lines and Compound Time Signature

From: Edward Ardzinski
Subject: Bar Lines and Compound Time Signature
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 09:36:40 -0700 (MST)

I'm working on a piece that alternates between 9/8 and 4/4.  The compound
time signature is great.  Where in my original piece I had the time changes
in the fragmentary 2 bar music variables, with the compound time signature I
removed the time changes and forced a bar line after the 9/8 "measure".

This had the desired effect, but I noticed that the bar lines were absent
when my bar lines caused a new stave set in the middle of the compound TS
(that is, when the new line began with a 4/4 sub-measure).

Is there a way to get the bar line numbers to follow the subdivisions of the
compound time signature rather than the entire measure?  Thanks...