Re: Use "#f" instead of "false" in manuals (was: OT: pagenumber)

From: Palmer Ralph
Subject: Re: Use "#f" instead of "false" in manuals (was: OT: pagenumber)
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 08:12:56 -0500

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 4:11 AM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 05.03.2016 um 09:51 schrieb Blöchl Bernhard:
> I would recommend to add the options a user has to any item in the
> chapter (maybe in other chapters as well)
> 4.1.6 Other \paper variables
> in the actual example that would mean
>  print-page-number
>     default is ##true. If set to false (##f), page numbers are not
> printed. Example of use:
>  print-page-number = ##f
>
> Is there any adress to send this as a recommendation to the manual
> editors? It is not a bug so I think the bug list is not the correct
> address?

I agree that the use of the words "true" and "false" in that context is
suboptimal and will confuse users who are still struggling with "false",
"#f" and "##f".
I'm not completely sure what the best resolution is.

The bug-lilypond list is the right address for such issues, therefore I
CC to that list with a modified subject.

Urs

Thanks. This has been submitted as Issue #4792 : https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/4792/
Ralph