Re: OT: Help needed to package cross-platform python application

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: OT: Help needed to package cross-platform python application
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 02:40:35 -0700 (MST)

Thanks, everyone! I think I got it all sorted out.

Best,
Abraham

On Friday, March 11, 2016, Federico Bruni-2 [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Il giorno ven 11 mar 2016 alle 9:22, Federico Bruni
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Il giorno mer 9 mar 2016 alle 23:46, Abraham Lee
> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>> I have developed a couple of python PDF utilities that make certain
>> batch processing operations a little easier. I'd like to make some
>> binary files of the utilities so that users can just download and
>> use them without needing to worry about setting up a python
>> installation on their machines, but I don't have access to a Mac,
>> just Linux and Windows. Any thoughts/recommendations are welcome.
>
> I found this:
> https://wiki.python.org/moin/MacPython/py2app

No, you must have Mac Os X to use it:
https://bitbucket.org/ronaldoussoren/py2app

"NOTE: py2app must be used on OSX to build applications, it cannot
create Mac applications on other platforms."