Re: Use jazz fonts in LilyPond?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Use jazz fonts in LilyPond?
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 01:51:44 +0000

On 3/6/16 4:10 PM, "Eric Albert" <address@hidden> wrote:

>I see that this font set has several subsets (pardon the wrong language),
>including one ("JazzCord") that appears to map single character codes to
>things such as "-7(b5)". Can this feature be uses with LilyPond? Or is it
>easier to use LilyPond with one character code mapping to a single
>character?
>
>I guess the basic question is: Could I use this font set productively
>with LilyPond? Or should I stick to LilyJazz and LilyJazzText?

It would be possible to use that text font with LilyPond, but it would not
be easy. You can use Unicode characters in LilyPond, and the special
characters are almost certain to have a Unicode representation.  But it is
not likely to be easy for a novice to do.

There may be somebody on the list who is willing to work through this with
you, but it's not really a LilyPond issue, as LilyPond is not likely to be
modified by the current development team to work with a proprietary font.

So my recommendation is to just stick to the available LilyPond fonts.

Carl Sorensen