Re: install frescoba 2.18.2 in Ubuntu

From: Bernard
Subject: Re: install frescoba 2.18.2 in Ubuntu
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2016 16:38:19 +0100

Hi Urs,

As said, for installing LilyPond there are no further requirements.
Understood.

Is there interest for such a support program for Lilypond and
Frescobaldi?

You should definitely get in touch with Sharon Rosner (also on this
list) because he has done a lot in that direction recently (at least for
LilyPond).
Without real need, I will not spend time. A simple check is easy, often not
more then one statement.
But often more then 80%-90% of installation communication is about finding out
the difference between two systems, one is working and the other is not.
Which to me is a waste of time. And it blocks some people using Lilypond and
Frescobaldi because they do not have the required perseverance to continue.

With regard,

Bernard