Re: install frescoba 2.18.2 in Ubuntu

From: Blöchl Bernhard
Subject: Re: install frescoba 2.18.2 in Ubuntu
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2016 09:03:33 +0100

Am 03.03.2016 06:40, schrieb David Wright:

I did not read the complete thread and after reading the last posting I will not do that. That is a collection of citation of unverified storys, opinions and wishes. I do not understand the central problem and how to address it to lilypond? And Frescobaldi AFAIK is anothert development team?

But even better, use a apt-get ppa repository, this you keep u to
date your self, without being dependant of Debian.

The content and versions of a repository are in the responsibility and taste of the package manager(s) and usually can not simply be affected by the software developers, say lilypond or frescobaldi development team. A repository is a COLLECTION of software for a particular linux version - you want a "repository" only contending lilypond/frescobaldi? Who should do that?

For clarification best would be to target your problem precisely for a simple minded reader.