Re: align-on-syllable.ly and 2.19.36

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: align-on-syllable.ly and 2.19.36
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 00:11:40 +0100

> Hi, I think I've got the latest version of align-on-syllable.ly
> (3049 Dec  4 02:21) from variously
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2015-12/msg00124.html
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.general/107425
> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=888
>
> and it works great in 2.18.2. However, I'm having problems using it in
> 2.19.36. I added the following LP code involving NullVoice to the test
> case, which breaks it.
>
> I don't know if it's the fault of NullVoice or align-on-syllable.ly.
> NullVoice is rather delicate; for example, it doesn't play well with
> \addlyrics for no reason obvious to me.
>
> \score {
>   \new Staff <<
>     \new NullVoice = "nullvoice" \melody
>     \new Voice = "voice" \melody
>     \new Lyrics = "testI"
>       \with { \override LyricText.X-offset = #center-on-word }
>       \lyricsto "nullvoice" \lyr
>     \new Lyrics = "testII"
>       \with { \override LyricText.X-offset = #center-on-word }
>       \lyricsto "nullvoice" \lyrA
>     %% The control-voice omits the override
>     \new Lyrics = "control"
>       \lyricsto "nullvoice" \lyrControl
>   >>
>   \layout {
>     \context {
>       \Score
>       lyricMelismaAlignment = #-0.6
>     }
>   }
> }
>
> Cheers,
> David.

Hi David,

the problem:
in 2.18. the grob-parent of LyricText was NoteHead for both Voice and NullVoice.

In 2.19.37 it's NoteColumn in Voice and PaperColumn in NullVoice.
More, 2.19.37 returns for the LSR-code:
programming error: cyclic dependency: calculation-in-progress
encountered for #'X-extent (PaperColumn)
(with a buid from master with --enable-checking)

Right now I'm not sure how to deal with it (and when I'll have the
time to take a deeper look)

So far, cheers,
  Harm