testing digital music editions

From: musicus
Subject: testing digital music editions
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 11:18:54 +0000

Dear all,

I'd like to share my current experiments regarding digital music editions created with Lilypond.
Attached you find the .ly file (+ its svg output file) and the interactive .html file. (click on the red button)

(Last time I encountered problems with an attached .html file in the mailing-archives, so there is a second "backup file", which can be renamed)

Only little manual work has to be done with the .html file:

    - copy/ paste the exportet svg-file
    - copy the toggle-function for each situation
    - insert [...] [...] at each toggleButton
    - set each second variant to [...] visibility="hidden" [...]

I can imagine, that the two last points could be done in Lilypond code - it's basically the same as the svg-id export. I tried to work this out by myself, but unfortunately my knowledge is too limited...

The main problem is to create this kind of multi-layered output via Lilypond. Is it possible to create separate voices without the standard horizontal alignement between objects? My workaround is using markups with separate \score blocks, but of course the alignment of all elements gets really tricky....

Thank you for feedback and any help in this direction!
Best regards
musicus
3 Variante 3 3 3 3 Variante 5 Music engraving by LilyPond 2.19.36—www.lilypond.org