Re: Staff-staff spacing temporary changes

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Staff-staff spacing temporary changes
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 16:43:36 +0000

On 2/23/16 12:26 AM, "Andrew Bernard" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Hi Joram,
>
>Right indeed. But if I adjust stretchability, it affects the rest of my
>score adversely, and I cannot find a good compromise that leaves the main
>score relatively wide spaced with respect to staff-staff spacing, and
>then a particular page with fewer systems closely spaced. I suppose I am
>wishing that you can set the property basic-distance temporarily for a
>couple of pages and then revert. Would it be fair to say this is not
>possible?

Yes, it is fair to say this is not possible, as the spacing applies to the
staff/system, which is a single layout object.

Prepare a small example that shows the problem and give the list a chance
to solve it.  I'm almost certain there are enough spacing parameters to
get spacing that you want.  It's just that it can be tough to understand
the interactions between the various spacing parameters.

Thanks,

Carl