Re: Install on linux

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: Re: Install on linux
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 07:12:49 +0100

Late to the party, but most Linux distros will allow you to add repositories/packages for more-recent versions: on gentoo, you can even use a "live" version that installs from git. This has the occasional consequence of lilypond reporting itself as a version that isn't officially released yet. So if you want to be WICKED HARDCORE, you can certainly install newer versions. Ubuntu, iirc, allows you to add repositories, and I think (?) there's one out there for more-recent lilypond.

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 4:05 AM, David Wright <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun 21 Feb 2016 at 22:12:51 (+0100), Malte Meyn wrote:
> Am 21.02.2016 um 22:02 schrieb David Wright:
> >On Sun 21 Feb 2016 at 19:10:29 (+0100), Peter O'Doherty wrote:
> >>Thanks a lot. Sorted now using sudo sh lilypond...
> >
> >I can't help wondering what the ... stands for.
> >
> It’s the install script, something like
>
> lilypond-2.18.2-1.linux-64.sh

I was interested whether anything followed that, both arguments and
subsequent commands (if any). Your advice was good, but his second
posting was a reply to his own OP, not to yours. (Not all the advice
in the thread was good.)

Cheers,
David.