Re: variables in \book { }

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: variables in \book { }
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 18:04:08 +0100

On 17.02.2016 13:27, David Kastrup wrote:
Graham King<address@hidden>  writes:

           \book {
             music = \relative { c' d e f }
             \score {
              \music
The problem is that it would likely be possible to teach LilyPond's
parser to accept the latter, but due to book not having a scope of its
own for music expressions, it would be perfectly equivalent to the
first: any such assignment would change "music" globally.

A possibility to define variables (in proper LilyPond syntax) inside of \book or \bookpart environments would be really great to have, in order to simplify working with large projects, many includes and different target editions. I don’t think that not having a proper scope for each book/bookpart is a problem. So I’d vote for this change.

Best, Simon