Re: list of thicknesses affected by changing StaffSymbol.thickness

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: list of thicknesses affected by changing StaffSymbol.thickness
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 11:33:21 -0500

> On Jan 31, 2016, at 5:15 PM, Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I do think that it should be easier to override staff line thickness in a
> style sheet without changing other line thicknesses.

This would indeed be a good thing.  In the meantime, this snippet shows a
possible workaround/hack:

http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=277

You may have to hold your nose, although it’s probably more foolproof than
trying to do an inverse setting for everything affected by line-thickness.

To make things easier, I can imagine a user function that returns a list of
line positions based on a thickness argument (and maybe optionally a line
pattern list).  So for a staff with a single line at position '(2) it would
return '(1.9  2  2.1) or maybe just '(1.9  2.1) when given a thickness argument
of 0.2

Cheers,
-Paul