Re: More Gounod :-)

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Re: More Gounod :-)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 15:38:57 +0000

On 31/01/16 15:36, Simon Albrecht wrote:
On 11/12/15 22:55, Simon Albrecht wrote:
On 11.12.2015 22:27, Alberto Simões wrote:

It is in the common place:
<https://github.com/ambs/music/tree/master/Gounod/FuneralMarchOfAMarionette>

Just from a quick glance:
– The slur in m. 23/24 is definitely not publication quality. You could
try \shape or better, \shapeII (of openlilylib; it has bugs, though).

I am not sure what slur you were talking about, but when adding the
page-count to 4, they all changed, and probably look better now?

– the ppp in the last bars look odd so far to the left

I think they are better now. I pushed them a little to the right (the
first time, and I continue doing do) because they were overlapping
with the measure line.

– And I’d try \paper { page-count = 4 }, it should work fine.

There are a lot of warnings in the lilypond output now, but yes,
lilypond manages to put everything in 4 pages. Not sure if it isn't
too crowded now.

The pdf at
<https://github.com/ambs/music/blob/master/Gounod/FuneralMarchOfAMarionette/march.pdf>
still has five pages. Is that the most recent version?

So used to SubVersion that I forget to push with Git.
Pushed now. Thanks!

Alberto