Re: Piano pedal mark collision (\sustainOn, \sustainOff)

From: Przemyslaw Pawelczyk
Subject: Re: Piano pedal mark collision (\sustainOn, \sustainOff)
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 19:50:34 +0100

Hi, Mark!

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 9:45 PM, Mark Stephen Mrotek
<address@hidden> wrote:
> If acceptable, the use of "bracket" style can eliminate the conflict.

Going in my pedal definition with:

    \set pedalSustainStyle = #'bracket

is other kind of workaround, but text style is much more visually
appealing to me.

There is also mixed style, which visual "goodness" is inbetween to me,
but then Ped. is too close to or even collides with closing bracket,
so if it isn't fine out-of-the-box (in my case), then I can as well
play with SustainPedal.X-offset globally and in some cases locally (as
I've shown in my previous mail) and have IMHO better effect in the
end.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion.

Regards.

--
Przemyslaw Pawelczyk
Cross-site thinker, rookie composer, Linux apprentice