How to hide or remove the bars connecting an ossia staff to the right ha

From: Joseph N. Srednicki
Subject: How to hide or remove the bars connecting an ossia staff to the right hand staff
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 19:53:37 -0500

Hello:

I am engraving an organ piece in which I want to add an ossia staff above a measure to indicate how to perform an ornament.

I can make the ossia staff appear; however, I cannot determine how to hide or remove the bar lines that connect the ossia staff to the staff for the right hand.

I checked the documentation and used the obvious search strings in Google, but I obviously am missing something.

Would someone kindly point me in the right direction?

Here as a two-measure example. The ossia staff appears above the second measure.

The attached PNG file shows the rendered score with annotation on the bar lines that I want to hide.

I am running Lilypond with Windows 10.

Here is the code:

\version "2.19.35"

\language "english"

global = {

  \key c \major

  \time 4/4

}

rightOne = \relative c'' {

  \global

  c4 c c c

  <<

     {c4 c c c}

     \\

     \new Staff = "ossia" \with {

        alignAboveContext = #"right" fontSize = #-2

        \remove "Time_signature_engraver"

        firstClef = ##f

        \override StaffSymbol.staff-space = #(magstep -3)

        \override StaffSymbol.thickness = #(magstep -3)

     }

     {c4 c c c }

}

rightTwo = \relative c'' {

  \global

  % Music follows here.

  c4 c c c

  c4 c c c

}

leftOne = \relative c' {

  \global

  c4 c c c

  c4 c c c

}

leftTwo = \relative c' {

  \global

  c4 c c c

  c4 c c c

}

pedal = \relative c {

  \global

  c4 c c c

  c4 c c c

}

\score {

  <<

    \new PianoStaff <<

      \new Staff = "right" << \rightOne \\ \rightTwo >>

      \new Staff = "left" { \clef bass << \leftOne \\ \leftTwo >> }

    \new Staff = "pedal" { \clef bass \pedal }

  \layout { }

}

Thanks for looking at this example.

Joe Srednicki