Determining what parameters exist for an item

From: Charles O. Lawrence
Subject: Determining what parameters exist for an item
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 13:01:17 -0500

Gentlemen,

How can I determine what parameters exist for an item?  For example, what are all the parameters for a TextSpanner?  If my terminology is not correct, please correct me.

If this kind of information is in the documentation, I cannot seem to uncover it.  If so, Please point me in the right direction.  Is there a way to programmatically uncover this information?  If so, please provide this newbie with a code sample to do it.

Thanks,

Charles