Re: default note duration

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: default note duration
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 13:30:44 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Jacques Menu-3 [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can specify the duration for only the first note, and the following ones will use the same one:

{ a8 b c d e f g }

While this is true, I think the OP was looking for something else. Here's what I found. In the file ly/declarations-init.ly, the last line says this:

setDefaultDurationToQuarter = { c4 }

It seems that changing this _expression_'s duration should do what you want, but it didn't matter what duration I put in there, I couldn't get it to change from defaulting to quarter notes. Maybe a developer can enlighten us further.

HTH,
Abraham