Re: Determine the including file

From: Chris Yate
Subject: Re: Determine the including file
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 11:28:19 +0000

On 22 January 2016 at 11:15, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

What I'm thinking about is the following:

I have the file openlilylib.ily, which is the main entry point to openLilyLib.
I'm currently changing the way how openLilyLib is organized. Previously you loaded openLilyLib, and then you had the command \useLibrary to load specific libraries from within openLilyLib.
In the future the libraries will be in separate repositories each (disentangling code, distribution, collaboration and whatever).
For example you'll have the directories
    openlilylib/scholarly
    openlilylib/oll-core

You'll "load" the ScholarLY library by including its main file (e.g.) openlilylib/scholarly/main.ily, and this will in turn include openlilylib/oll-core/main.ily.

So as a user you won't write
    \include "openlilylib"
    \useLibrary Scholarly
anymore but
    \include "scholarly/main.ily"
(or something similar)

Now the question comes:
openLilyLib registers a list of loaded libraries and its options. What I'm thinking about is if a function inside openlilylib/oll-core/main.ily can determine from which file it has been included and then add this to the list of loaded libraries.

If that's not possible that wouldn't be much of an issue. ScholarLY would then simply have to include oll-core and *then* issue a command to register itself with oll. But I just wanted to explore the possibility.

Urs

Yes, ScholarLY registering itself via some function in oll-core is probably a much better solution anyway. If you think in terms of "Scholarly USES oll-core" it doesn't make sense for oll-core to do anything other than provide functionality to the other.

You could still wrap this behaviour up in a short top-level file that looks something like:

```
\include "oll-core.ily"
\include "scholarly-impl.ily"
oll-register ( scholarly )