Re: Alignment of ‘non-extremal’ bass figures

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Alignment of ‘non-extremal’ bass figures
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 11:48:57 +0000

The syntax Denemo uses is this

<10 9>4
\once \override Staff.BassFigureAlignmentPositioning #'Y-offset = #'7
<8>4

Interestingly, with the figures  above the notes, following the heights
of the notes (i.e. the 18th c style figures) no override is needed for
this example.
LilyPond's default style is (as always) late 19th century, when the
figures were only of academic interest, not intended to be used for a
continuo player to create an accompaniment at sight.

Richard