Re: Adjusting OttavaBracket parameters (was "Re: can't seem to apply twe

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Adjusting OttavaBracket parameters (was "Re: can't seem to apply tweaks on tweaks")
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2016 23:43:37 +0100

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

>> Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Hi David,
>>
>> It is trivial to let OttavaBracket contain line-spanner-interface which
>> is just a label for a set of properties.  What those properties do
>> depends on actual code, however.  It's common that different grobs react
>> somewhat differently (or not at all) to particular properties.
>>
>> So it's quite trivial to complete the "well-defined" task without doing
>> anything remotely useful.
>
> to illustrate: Even without having put line-spanner-interface into
> OttavaBracket in any kind, you can set the relevant properties and you
> can read out the values elsewhere. But nothing else happens, see:

Ok, I've not been entirely correct here: when an engraver has an
acknowledger or end_acknowledger listening on line-spanner-interface,
adding the interface to OttavaBracket will cause OttavaBracket to start
triggering the respective acknowledgers.

In this case, however, I don't see any engravers acknowledging
line-spanner-interface.  So indeed at the current point of time, adding
line-spanner-interface to OttavaBracket should not make any difference.

--
David Kastrup