Re: does not save file automatically after "run" lilypond "

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: does not save file automatically after "run" lilypond "
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 11:29:39 +0100

On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 10:15:01 +0100
Jacques Menu <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I run lilypond 2.19.34 with frescobaldi 2.18.2
> > Upon exit frescobaldi ask to save file and I comply.  But pdf is not
> > saved.   I saw a lot additional info that I did not see when running
> > frescobaldi 2.18.1 and lilypond 2.19.34  Need help.

My guess is that you run lilypond from frescobaldi on a file that is not
(yet) saved. Lilypond then operates on temporary files, and creates a
temporary pdf. When exiting frecobaldi it asks to save the file, which
applies to the lilypond source only. The temporary pdf is not saved.

To get the pdf from frescobaldi, save the lilypond file (Ctrl-s) first and
then run lilypond (Ctrl-m).

-- Johan
   http://johan.vromans.org/seasons_greetings.html