big (?) challenge: multi-segment / multi-angle OttavaBracket

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: big (?) challenge: multi-segment / multi-angle OttavaBracket
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 17:43:26 -0500

Hello all,

The final line of the song I’m currently engraving looks like this:

Questions:

1. How could I [best?] code this so that the OttavaBracket starts close to the top of the staff at the beginning of m. 31 (the Ab), angles upward at the third quarter of m. 33 (the Db), and then flattens out again for the last two triplet-eighths (the high Bb)?

2. Can this kind of “multi-segment” OttavaBracket (or, more generally, spanner) be automated and/or sugar-i-fied?

Thanks for any hints/links/help,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info