Re: Spanner text in parenthesis on a new system

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: Spanner text in parenthesis on a new system
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 16:28:20 -0700 (MST)

Hi David,

David Nalesnik-2 wrote
> From my inspection of the code, though, this seems to be a
> rather bigger enterprise than a modification of OttavaBracket.  This
> should
> be tackled in C++, and the code seems awfully convoluted,  I can't put the
> time in to figuring it out given such sparse comments, though your idea
> would be useful for my own music.
>
> A first step would be to have an actual SustainPedal grob at the broken
> left-bound.
>
> (I'm sure someone could come up with a stencil-replacement which would
> redraw the bracket to get the parenthesized text, but this would be a lot
> of trouble for a hack!  I speak from experience: you can see a relevant
> example at
> http://www.mail-archive.com/lilypond-user%40gnu.org/msg97099.html
> )

So about the parenthesis in the pedal indication, would you be interested in
adding this to the issue tracker as a feature request or should I report
this to the bug squad?

Also, another related issue with the mixed pedal style is that while the
lifting and pressing the pedal on a same note in the beginning of a bar is
correctly notated with a _/\__ under the notehead, the end of the pedal ___|
normally stops exactly below the barline before the note rather than under
the first note of the next bar, so I guess a to-barline property would be
great as well.

Best,
Gilberto