Re: Noteheads slightly too large

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Noteheads slightly too large
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 23:24:18 -0600

Excuse my top-posting, but is there any context for this message?
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2015-12/msg00296.html
is no help either. It *might* be helpful to be able to see the
Message-ID and In-Reply-To for the postings there, but the list
administrators seem more interested in displaying
in which I have absolutely no interest.

On Sat 12 Dec 2015 at 13:17:52 (+1100), Andrew Bernard wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have noticed this phenomenon also. Why would it be intentional I wonder? And
> if so, why not exceed the lower staff line also? What would be the purpose in
> exceeding the bounds? I don’t see it adding legibility or clarity, and indeed,
> small offsets like this tend to fill the perceptual system with needless
> detail, leading to overall loss of immediate clarity.
>
> So, I am very curious to know if this is supposed to be an intentional
> engraving practice.
>
> Andrew
>
> On 12/12/2015, 10:43, "Urs Liska" <bug-lilypond-bounces+andrew.bernard=
> address@hidden on behalf of address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     This *may* be intended, which should be checked - if someone recalls any
>     discussion.
>     At least I recall speaking someone from a major publishing house about
>     how they created their own music font, and specifically made it do what
>     the OP reported.

Cheers,
David.