Re: Why break doesn't work?

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Why break doesn't work?
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 19:42:25 -0800

I can testify that about half of the time I'm creating a tiny example for this list, I figure out the problem.

Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)

On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 6:14 PM, Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> wrote:
On 06.12.2015 02:12, Luca Danieli wrote:
Thank you Brian for your help.

I tried to add \bar "" \break and still didn't have any effect.

Just to understand, so to behave correctly in possible future questions: what part of code should I post? All the 450 lines of my script?

Of course not, unless it’s the very minimum amount of code required to trigger the problem. Noeck already gave the link to the relevant instruction on ‘tiny examples’ on our website, which is just a very useful tool. Anyone from the list who will try to help (unless they see the problem at a glance) will have to do just the same. Often you’ll find the solution yourself while reducing the example, or at least understand better what the problem actually is.
And, yes, it is a tedious task, especially with large scores… but you can’t expect others to fix your issue if you weren’t prepared to invest time yourself.
I hope this makes clear that we are not being strict in order to scare you away, but that this is just the most sensible way to do it.

Best, Simon