Re: Spanner text in parenthesis on a new system

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: Spanner text in parenthesis on a new system
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 17:36:02 -0700 (MST)

Hi David,

David Nalesnik-2 wrote
> It's not difficult to do this for ottava indications.  Below I simply
> check
> to see if the left-bound of the spanner is broken.

Thanks, it works wonderfully!

David Nalesnik-2 wrote
> From my inspection of the code, though, this seems to be a
> rather bigger enterprise than a modification of OttavaBracket.  This
> should
> be tackled in C++, and the code seems awfully convoluted,  I can't put the
> time in to figuring it out given such sparse comments, though your idea
> would be useful for my own music.
>
> A first step would be to have an actual SustainPedal grob at the broken
> left-bound.

I think I understand what you mean. It's a pity this is a bit more
complicated to achieve, as I'd say the (Ped) indications are much more
important than the (8a) indications, since we already show a 8a at a new
system but the mixed pedal is just a single straight line. Maybe this could
go to the issue tracker as a feature request.

Noeck wrote
> a) Start a new thread with your topic and not reply to a mail on this
> list, if you have an unrelated question.

Is there a way to split the topics now? I am not only receiving every single
e-mail about the break issue, as well as the thread here at nabble is a
mixture of all of them...

Cheers to you all,
Gilberto