Re: Vertically centering a song text.

From: William Marchant
Subject: Re: Vertically centering a song text.
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2015 22:02:33 -0400

In the example snippet quoted below, there is a line:
skipFour = \repeat unfold 4 { \skip 8 }

I have found this useful on its own, and have saved it for future use. The { \skip 8 } part has me baffled. What does it do? I have changed the number to 4, or 16 but there is no perceptible difference in its operation. Yet, if I remove it, the snippet does not work. Can someone explain its function?
Bill

On 15-12-02 07:02 AM, Robin Bannister wrote:
Robert Blackstone wrote:

How can I shift the lyrics of the second part vertically
> so that it is centered with respect to the first part

LSR503 shows one way of doing this:
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=503

I use Y-offset instead of extra-offset

Cheers,