Re: Better slashed graces

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Better slashed graces
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 10:01:16 -0700 (MST)

David,

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 9:45 AM, David Nalesnik-2 [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Gilberto,

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 10:16 AM, Gilberto Agostinho <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying to improve the slashed grace function because currently it does
work only for a limited amount of examples. I am trying to make the slash
always at the same position relative to the highest beam (which was one of
the most annoying things about the other function) and then take into
account the beam angle to compensate for the slash angle. My solution is
surely very inelegant (regarding programming) so I'd welcome anyone who
wants to improve it, but it does a much better job in practise. Compare it
below.

BEFORE:
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n184292/04.png>

AFTER:
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n184292/19.png>

Here is the function:  slashed-notes-function.ly
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n184292/slashed-notes-function.ly>

Cheers,
Gilberto

Could you provide a link to the function you're trying to improve?  It isn't part of the regular distribution.

I believe it's in response to this snippet in the LSR: http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=721 (Slashed beamed grace notes)

Gilberto,

I think this is a VERY nice improvement! Great work!

Devs,

Any reason this can't be incorporated into the regular distribution? I know that beamed grace notes don't need a slash, so maybe there could be a hook to turn it on or off?

Best,
Abraham