Re: unpacking a list

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: unpacking a list
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 09:27:05 +0100

Hi David,

now finally to this one ...

Am 28.11.2015 um 10:52 schrieb David Kastrup:
> Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> If someone might want to have a second look at the actual code it's
>> (currently) in
>> https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/blob/just-intonation-stub/notation-snippets/just-intonation/definitions.ily,
>> towards the end where it reads "(append (color-music col) ..."
> Well, obviously you could just write
>
> #{ #@(color-music col) $pitch $duration -#(format "address@hidden" cent) #}
>
> instead of
>
>     (make-music
>      'SequentialMusic
>      'elements
>      (append
>       (color-music col)
>       (list
>        (make-music
>         'NoteEvent
>         'articulations
>         (list (make-music
>                'TextScriptEvent
>                'text (format "address@hidden" cent)))
>         'pitch pitch
>         'duration ji-duration))))
>
> And it would likely result in somewhat better point-and-click behavior
> out of the box (of course, one can fix the above make-music calls for
> the same effect if it's a matter of professional pride).

Indeed, that's much better and produces point-and-click *at all*. And
especially it looks much more expandable once I might want to add more
bells and whistles to the generated music.

How would I find out about that solution? What I came up with was the
result of taking \displayMusic's result as a model.

Concretely: Can you tell me what the "#@" in front of (color-music does?

Thanks
Urs