Re: Table of Contents: 2 problems

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Re: Table of Contents: 2 problems
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 13:30:03 +0000

I have experimented with elements from the all the suggestions made -
thanks to all.  One thing that has been confirmed is that my
understanding of how to use markup commands is pretty poor.

I still have not managed to solve all of the problems.  I tried to test
Graham's suggestion of a modification of part of Nicolas Sceaux's
book-titling snippet.  But when I try to compile the whole snippet
(which has a demo at the end of it) I get an error.

I am using Lilypond 2.19.30; the snippet does not have a "version"
statement.  The error I am getting stems from the fact that in the
snippet the procedure 'collect-music-for-book' is always called with 2
arguments: (collect-music-for-book parser (make-music # # ...)).  When I
look in the lily-library.scm in my current Lilypond installation, I see
that it should only have 1 argument, e.g.
(collect-music-for-book (make-music # # ...)).

I have tried putting an old version number at the top of the snippet
(e.g. "version" 2.16.1) and running convert.ly, but no significant
changes are made to the file.

How can I get this snippet to work?

David