Re: Controlling markup vertical position

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Controlling markup vertical position
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 16:18:29 -0500

Hi Jacques,

> I get Bassi too high and the first quater too much on the left

If you want to duplicate the original, you need to [almost] right-align the
“Bassi”:

%%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.19.30"

Cello = \relative f {
  \clef "bass"
  \key f \major
  \time 4/4
  s1
  g,2\f-\tweak self-alignment-X #0.1 -\tweak padding #1 ^\markup{ "Bassi" } <<
    { \voiceTwo bes2\rest }
    \new Voice { \voiceOne \dynamicUp des'4-\tweak self-alignment-X #RIGHT \p(
^"Vcl." c4) }
  >> \oneVoice | % 18
}

\relative {
  \Cello
}
%%%%  SNIPPET ENDS

I’ve also done a few other tweaks and code adjustments in this snippet, to get
you closer to [how I might code] the original.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info