Re: Gounod - Le Rendez Vous

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Gounod - Le Rendez Vous
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 15:55:59 -0600

On Wed 11 Nov 2015 at 14:21:45 (-0700), tisimst wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 2:18 PM, David Wright [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>     On Wed 11 Nov 2015 at 12:22:32 (-0700), tisimst wrote:
>
>     > This is looking MUCH better (nice work with the extended dynamic lines ;
>     -).
>     > I'll look at it in greater detail later, but here's one thing that I
>     > immediately noticed quite a few instances of that you would get dinged
>     for: You
>     > should ALWAYS enclose a tied note within a slurred passage. Here's what
>     mean:
>     >
>     > Inline image 1
>
>     Would it be possible for you to attach your image to the email rather
>     than to insert it in this form. Not everyone reads their email in HTML.

> Absolutely. See attached.

Thanks to you both. Alberto's attachment is easier to look at with my
client, but Abraham's worked out fine too.

I also agree that modern practice is easier to read (the slur envelops
the time period that it represents). The older method would look even
worse if the first note was tied as well.

Cheers,
David.