Re: Cross-staff arpeggio line AND arpeggio bracket on the same notes

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Cross-staff arpeggio line AND arpeggio bracket on the same notes
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 09:04:56 +0100

Hi Jean,

This works:

\version "2.18.2"

\score {
  \new PianoStaff
  \with {
    connectArpeggios = ##t
    \override Arpeggio.stencil = #ly:arpeggio::brew-chord-bracket
  }
  <<
    \new Staff \transpose c c' {
      \time 3/4
      s2.

      \grace {
        %% Draw a first arpeggio:
        _\markup
        \with-dimensions #'(0 . 0) #'(0 . 0)
        \raise #1
        {
          \pattern #12 #Y #0
          \rotate #90
          \musicglyph #"scripts.trill_element"
        }
        %% put some space:
        \repeat unfold 3 s
      }
      a,4\arpeggio _( f4. ees8)
      s2
    }
    \new Staff {
      \clef F
      \stemDown
      s2.
      <<
        {
          \once\override NoteColumn.ignore-collision = ##t
          \stemDown
          ges2.\arpeggio
        }
        \\
        { <ees f,>2. }

      s2

Pierre

Hello, I am trying to transcribe some music which has notation like the attached example image. There is a cross-staff arpeggio, with a nested bracket indicating a cross-staff voicing. As per the examples I have found, we can have only one or another, since the bracket should be printed using the Arpeggio stencil.
Do you have any ideas on how can I achieve the desired result?

Thanks in advance!

--
Jean Menezes da Rocha
Compositor